[c-nsp] Divide large PVST domain?

John Gaffney jgaffney at nan.com
Wed Jul 9 09:07:17 EDT 2014

You could consider MST to reduce the number of STP instances. Sometimes that can increase efficiency. However what you are probably looking for is "spanning-tree diameter" command. If I recall that can make some auto adjustments to STP timers to accommodate for large switched networks.

You should also be aware that 20 switches connected in a straight line (hence middle switch) gives you a single point of failure. If it is truly a "train" of switches you could also not run STP - no ring/redundant link = no loop.

-

John