[c-nsp] UDLD enabling port prematurely?

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 05:31:00 EDT 2014

> Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 11:30:11 +0700
> From: vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
> To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] UDLD enabling port prematurely?
>
> Lukas Tribus wrote:
>>
>> However, UDLD is not useful in Victors' case, instead, I agree
>> that "spanning-tree loopguard enable" on the root port of the
>> remote switch is what will workaround the issue.
>
> Why on the root port only? I have enabled loopguard on all the ports
> connected to those MUXes without link poisoning.

Sure, you can enable it on all ports connected to the MUXes, just know
that loopguard by design protects only root and alternate ports from
becoming designated ports in cases when there are no BPDUs are received.

It does not act afaik on ports that are already designated ports, so
when the transport is interrupted, only one side will put the vlan
into an inconsistency status.

Lukas