[c-nsp] Netflow

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Jul 18 07:54:26 EDT 2014

(Readded cisco-nsp since I'm not familiar with ASR9k)

On Fri, 2014-07-18 at 16:09 +0530, thiyagarajan b wrote:
> Hello Peter, I need to export IPv6 flows in ASR9001 v4.3.4, Already
> IPv4 flows are being exported. Is it possible to configure record IPv6
> in the same monitor map along with IPv4.

I don't really know the ASR family of routers or the IOS XR syntax, so
I'm afraid I can't answer your specific question.

On Cat6500 running Supervisor 2T IOS 15 you would need (at least) two
different monitors on the interface, one for each of IPv4 and IPv6. That
platform does not support collecting flows from different
address-families with the same "monitor". Something like this:

 flow record IPV4-FULL
  match ipv4 tos
  match ipv4 protocol
  match ipv4 source address
  match ipv4 destination address
  match transport source-port
  match transport destination-port
  ! [and a bunch of collect statements...]
 !
 flow record IPV6-FULL
  match ipv6 dscp
  match ipv6 protocol
  match ipv6 source address
  match ipv6 destination address
  match transport source-port
  match transport destination-port
  ! [and a bunch of collect statements...]
 !
 flow monitor STANDARD-INGRESS-IPV4
  record IPV4-FULL
  exporter NDE-whatever
 !
 flow monitor STANDARD-INGRESS-IPV6
  record IPV6-FULL
  exporter NDE-whatever
 !
 interface Vlan3
  ip flow monitor STANDARD-INGRESS-IPV4 unicast input
  ipv6 flow monitor STANDARD-INGRESS-IPV6 input
 !

You can use the same exporter fine.

This is of course classic IOS. AFAIK the ASR9k runs IOS XR with a vastly
different syntax.

--
Peter