[c-nsp] ASR903 BDI interface (how to do L3 on a VLAN?)

Vitkovský Adam adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Tue Jun 3 10:14:39 EDT 2014

Hi folks,
How do you guys configure L3 routing for VLANs on ASR903 please?
I have tried with BDI interface and can't get it to work.
Comes with a warning:
WARNING:Routing may not work properly if you have a BDI and a tagged EFP together on a Bridge Domain.
So I've tried putting "encapsulation dot1q 10" under the BDI than tried to remove the pop operation on a service instance but no change.
Still can't ping across

Do I need to enable integrated routing and bridging or what am I missing please?

Original configs:

ASR903":
 interface GigabitEthernet0/1/2
 description [TAG] to a901-03 g0/0
 dampening
 mtu 9000
 no ip address
 load-interval 30
 negotiation auto
 service instance 10 ethernet
  description [TAG] to a901-06 g0/10
  encapsulation dot1q 10
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain 10
 !
interface BDI10
 description [TAG] to a901-06 int vlan 10
 ip address 13.6.20.6 255.255.255.0

a903-02#sh arp
Protocol  Address          Age (min)  Hardware Addr   Type   Interface
Internet  13.6.20.6               -   d0c2.8217.37bf  ARPA   BDI10

ASR901:
interface GigabitEthernet0/10
 description [TAG] to a903-02 gi0/1/2
 negotiation auto
 service instance 10 ethernet
  description [TAG] to a903-02 gi0/1/2
  encapsulation dot1q 10
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain 10
 !
interface Vlan10
 description [TAG] to a903-02 int vlan 10
 ip address 13.6.20.20 255.255.255.0

a901-06#sh arp
Protocol  Address          Age (min)  Hardware Addr   Type   Interface
Internet  13.6.20.6               0   Incomplete      ARPA
Internet  13.6.20.20              -   4055.3989.7350  ARPA   Vlan10

adam