[c-nsp] small mpls network design questions

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Wed Jun 4 02:13:37 EDT 2014

Hi,

     I am planning a small network consisting of an ASR1000 (terminating
ip subscribers / pppoe) with a TenG uplink to an ME3600x. This switch
connects to two other locations, with ME3600x's, like so:

Bnvl (Te0/1) ---- (Te0/3) Ukih (Te0/2) --- (Te0/1) wlts

                                         ASR1k (Te0/1/0)

I want to carry both IP and ethernet (pppoe of my subscribers, as well
as private vlan for customers, etc) traffic both and I'm having a hard
time figuring out what a basic config would look like. Is there a
gentle/easy mpls introduction text anywhere or sample configs for
ME3600/ASR1000 that I could look at and play with in my lab to learn this?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Mike-