[c-nsp] BGP vs OSPF (CE -> PE)

Vitkovský Adam adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Wed Jun 18 04:48:28 EDT 2014

It's because intra-area LSAs are preferred compared to inter-area LSAs.
The super-backbone(MP-BGP->OSPF) introduces LSAs from the remote site as Type-3 into the LSDB of a local PE and if the local PE happens to have a Type-1 LSA from a directly connected link than that one is preferred. So you can either make both LSAs to appear as Type-1 using sham-link or you can make both to be type-3 using different areas on each site.

Or you can use BGP as everyone else and can forget about all this mess above.

adam