[c-nsp] sdn/nfv

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Jun 19 16:33:16 EDT 2014

I hope you all don't mind the off-topic question in this cisco mail list.
you all are such a broad and smart and experienced group that I wanted to
reach out to everyone out there in the trenches to get a feel for what you
all know about sdn/nfv and do you see any movement on it yet, etc.

I have been reading a little bit about sdn/nfv/openflow and it seems that
these are radical, new ideas that seem that they could really change a lot
about what we've know about networks for the past decades.

Is anyone out there yet working with any sdn controllers?.... or nfv objects
in servers. or openflow?

Does sdn/nfv scare the heck out of equipment manufacturers ?

Aaron