[c-nsp] sdn/nfv

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Fri Jun 20 09:19:17 EDT 2014

I don’t think equipment vendors are scared by the idea of software networks because they are participating in that space in a big way.  Look at what Cisco is doing or Juniper for that matter with contrails.  I haven’t worked with the Cisco virtualized objects but I have used Junipers VFirefly which is a virtualized instance of an SRX and it’s quite interesting.  You can also put VFirefly in packet mode and end up with something similar to a J series router.  I can definitely see where it’s going and some of the cool applications of network elements as software.