[c-nsp] BGP vs OSPF (CE -> PE)

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Fri Jun 20 11:40:36 EDT 2014

With BGP we use local-pref to select the preferred BGP exit point for
the CE router/site.  The CE advertises different BGP MED values to the
PE routers in order to select the preferred entry link to the CE/site.
Each CE router in the same VPN is given a separate private AS number.

--
Clinton Work
Airdrie, AB