[c-nsp] IOS: catch 22 when enabling new bgp neighbors

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Fri Jun 20 16:06:55 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 08:11:10PM +0300, Dimitris Befas wrote:
> You can use peer-groups. Setup whatever setting you want for the peer-group
> (neighbor peer-group-name shutdown) and enable the neighbor when you want.
> But if you have multiple neighbors then you will affect all of them at once.

You can override inbound policy on a per-neighbor basis, but outbound policy
will be in lockstep for multiple neighbors in the same peer-group.

The above is why we prefer templates instead of groups, but that does
nothing to solve the original problem.

--
Brandon Ewing                                        (nicotine at warningg.com)