[c-nsp] Replacement for 2960S stack (TOR)

CiscoNSP List cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 23 18:22:42 EDT 2014

Hi,

We have a 2960S stack (2 switches) in a remote DC that is getting very close to hitting vlan limit (255) - Any recommendations on a replacement would be greatly appreciated.

Currently using 48 ports (Including 3 SFP ports)...So requirement would be similar port density to what we currently have (Copper 96, SFP 8), but with a lot more vlan's...Im not a huge fan of the 2960's due to small buffers....this may have improved in the latest 2960 range?

The switch is quite busy...peak traffic 400Mb+/sec....so we are pushing the limits of this platform no doubt.

Switch is currently only doing L2.

Cheers.