[c-nsp] EIGRP potentially silly question...

Alex Pressé alex.presse at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 23:05:58 EST 2014

Nope. And to top it off DUAL only runs on link state events - so if one
link suddenly gets saturated the router won't recalculate the metric and
split traffic up - unless something else in the network happens (cycle an
interface, add a route, soft-reset EIGRP).

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 8:22 PM, Jeff Kell <jeff-kell at utc.edu> wrote:

> After a deployment of EIGRP with the intent of providing "link
> utilization based load-sharing" as opposed to round robin, I get the
> rude awakening that the default k-values for EIGRP do NOT include link
> utilization.
>
> Any shortcuts / workarounds / etc to resetting k-values site-wide
> without breaking each individual peering as the values are changed?
> (EIGRP won't peer with mismatched k-values...)
>
> Jeff

Alex Presse
"How much net work could a network work if a network could net work?"