[c-nsp] BGP session going down during DDOS

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Sun Mar 9 21:08:12 EDT 2014

On Mar 10, 2014, at 2:41 AM, redscorpion69 <redscorpion69 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Filters don't allow BGP sessions to our PE router.

You might want to double-check that your iACLs are up-to-date, that you've enabled GTSM, that you've enabled CoPP, etc.

What make/model/OS/train/revision/linecard?

> By the way, what IS the best way to defend against this huge amount of traffic? You can't really place policers at the edge of the network, it's
> cumbersome and prone to errors.

Sure you can.  Police down UDP/123 traffic which isn't 76 bytes in size down to a 1mb/sec aggregate or thereabouts, or UDP/123 traffic which is greater than 400 bytes in size down to a 1mb/sec aggregate, or thereabouts.

I prefer the former, but YMMV.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton