[c-nsp] 3750 Route Map peculiarity

Michael Robson michael.robson at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 11:52:17 EDT 2014

>> However, now when I apply a created route-map to an interface, it take the
>> 'ip policy route-map' command but nothing appears on configuration for the
>> SVI. If I apply a non-existent policy map to the same interface, the
>> configuration shows up on the SVI.
>
> By "route-map" I assume you actually mean "policy routing”?

Policy routing using router maps - I’m not sure what your objection is to me using the term “route map”.

> You might (probably do) need a routing SDM template for that.

It’s looking like this is the case, although I don’t understand why since the Cisco documentation doesn’t seem to state this and the 'sdm prefer’ command output when using the "aggregator access IPv4” template (my template of choice because of the switch use) suggests that it does support policy-based routing with the entry

number of IPv4 policy based routing aces:         0.5K

rather than the value 0k given for the default template. Is this a bug, are Cisco being cryptic again or am I still missing something?

Ta,

Michael.