[c-nsp] 3850 per VLAN shaping help...

Peter Kranz pkranz at unwiredltd.com
Tue Mar 11 12:45:07 EDT 2014

I am attempting apply per VLAN shaping on the 3850 chassis and having
various problems;

1: I have attempted creating policy-maps and applying them to the VLAN SVI.
Config mode takes the service-policy commands, with no errors in the log,
but a show run on the interface indicates that nothing was applied..

2: I have tried creating a more complicated policy-map to handle all the
vlans on a particular trunk, i.e.:

class-map match-any TheFuelist

  match vlan  202

class-map match-any StephenEBlockCompany

  match vlan  201

class-map match-any Advoco

 match vlan  200

!

policy-map CentroShaping

class StephenEBlockCompany

    shape average 25000000

class Advoco

    shape average 100000000

class TheFuelist

    shape average 25000000

class class-default

    shape average 50000000

But upon applying these to the trunk port I get :

Mar 11 08:23:58.363 PDT:  Invalid queuing class-map!!! Queuing actions
supported only with dscp/cos/qos-group/precedence based classification!!!

The only examples I have found either say apply to the SVI (Which doesn't
seem to work) or apply to routed sub interfaces instead of trunk ports.

Any hints?

Peter Kranz
www.UnwiredLtd.com <http://www.unwiredltd.com/>
Desk: 510-868-1614 x100