[c-nsp] management access BCP?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Mar 14 04:28:05 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 10:02:29PM -0400, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> What are people doing these days to get OOB into a single small location?  Cellular?

What we've done is "find some other ISP in the same colo that we knew
from some common event, and just throw two cat5 cables over the wall" -
one has a /29 from their IP space, one has a /29 from our IP space, and
we both get nicely independent OOB-over-IP.

Of course you might want to connect that to a device that is seriously
hardened, and such :-) - not to a "speaks telnet-only and has direct
access to all your consoles" boxes.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de