[c-nsp] Odd Network Issue (7600/Sup3BXL)

Devon True devon at noved.org
Fri Mar 14 12:07:30 EDT 2014

Twice in the past two weeks, a Cisco 7600 router with a Sup3BXL has
stopped egress traffic from a port on a WS-X6708-10GE module to one of
our Internet providers. All other circuits on the same WS-X6708-10GE
module are fine. BGP with the provider never goes down, however
bandwidth drops from ~500 Mbps to < 1 Mbps. During the second event, I
looked at the CEF table for the interface and I saw the appropriate
entries. I had to restore traffic levels by shutting down BGP with the
provider.

I have a ticket opened with Cisco TAC, but has anyone seen this issue
before?

Running 15.2(4)S2 Enterprise

--
Devon