[c-nsp] Determining ASR1k ESP/SIP utilisation

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Sun Mar 16 18:03:23 EDT 2014

All,

I have a number of ASR1004's on my network, each with an identical
configuration, consisting of:

ASR1000-RP2
ASR1000-ESP40
2 * ASR1000-SIP40
4 * SPA-1X10GE-L-V2 (Te0/0/0, Te0/1/0, Te1/0/0, Te1/1/0)

Two of the 10G ports are customer facing, the other two are core facing. All
the 10G ports are running at at least 80% line speed at peak time.

Is there any way to determine the utilisation levels of the SIP's and the ESP?

Could I put more 10G ports in these ASR's, or will I just be oversubscribing
the SIP or ESP?

Many thanks,

Simon