[c-nsp] Determining ASR1k ESP/SIP utilisation

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Mon Mar 17 02:31:07 EDT 2014

On Sun Mar 16, 2014 at 08:17:07PM -0400, Pete Lumbis wrote:
> http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/110531-asr-packet-drop.htm

Thanks - I've looked at that page a few times, but it seems to focus on how to
find out what's gone wrong when you've already hit the limit, rather than
determining how close to the limit you are.

> "show plat hard qfp active datapath utilization" will show the total QFP
> load

This one is one I'd not tried before and looks very useful. I assume this is
reporting the ESP utilisation, and thus in the case of my ESP-40, how close I
am to the 40Gbps aggregate switching limit.

Do you know if this information is obtainable by SNMP?

Can I find similar information for the SIPs?

Simon