[c-nsp] BFD CPU hog and traceback on me3600 and isis flapping 15.3(3)S1a

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 08:56:02 EDT 2014

Just to close the loop on the thread, I spoke to OP off-list and this
matches CSCug77067. When an FRR event (either TE FRR or IP FRR) occurs the
processes prioritization for BFD and the FRR event doesn't do what it's
supposed to and BFD triggers a CPU hog. It's also possible, as Adam saw,
for BFD neighbors to flap. This is fixed in 15.4.1S1 and 15.3.3S2

-Pete