[c-nsp] 6504-E IOS SSH/memory issues

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Mon Mar 24 10:07:11 EDT 2014

Hi,

Am 24.03.2014 um 14:28 schrieb Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net>:
> Track if things are holding the wrong amount of memory, eg:
> Router#show proc mem sorted
>
> In my case on a 6500 the BGP Router is the largest.

In our case, too. And the router in question is the box with 4 external BGP
peers (2x v4, 2x v6) compared to the other one with only one uplink and
therefore 2 peers.

The BGP process is consuming nearly all of the available memory.

Seems like the days of having soft reconfiguration inbound by default
are over. At least on Cisco boxes with a mere 1 GB of memory.
Never had a problem with that since we started talking BGP in 2001 ;-)

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll schedule a maintenance window ...
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100