[c-nsp] IOS XR on ASR9001: Some LDP on Interfaces stuck in xmit

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Mar 26 09:30:29 EDT 2014

On 26/03/2014 13:09, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM, Jason Lixfeld <jason at lixfeld.ca> wrote:
>> Are your fpd versions up to date too?

the command for this is:

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router#admin show hw-module fpd location all

If you see any "Yes" in the "Upg/Dng?" column, then you need to manually
upgrade:

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router#admin upgrade hw-module fpd all location all

fpd upgrades are service affecting and often require either line card or
RSP reboots, so upgrades are maintenance window territory.  Some people use
fpd autoupgrade.  I got stung once, so usually do manual upgrades even
though it takes longer.

As Adam mentioned, 15.3(1) is pretty ancient and it would be advisable to
upgrade to the latest 15.3 on your me3600 boxes.  There are some
hilariously awful mpls bugs, which are slowly being ironed out. E.g. port
based l3vpn doesn't work at all on 15.3(1).

Nick