[c-nsp] ME3600 PW SPAN

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Fri May 2 09:16:12 EDT 2014

Seeing as how the ME3600 has no useful remote span capabilities, I just tried to do a ghetto pseudowire span:

1. Connect a trunk port from some STP, PVST+ and CDP spewing test switch to gi0/1 on local ME3600
2. Monitor source gi0/1 on local ME3600
3. Monitor destination gi0/2 on local ME3600
4. Loop back gi0/2 to gi0/3 on local ME3600
5. EoMPLS Xconnect gi0/3 on local ME3600 to gi0/4 on remote ME3600
6. Connect wireshark box to gi0/4 of remote me3600

At first glance, this seemed to work ok.  On the wireshark box, I was able to see STP and PVST BPDUs on multiple VLANs and CDP frames.

What else should I check to make sure this isn't some fluke?

... Or has this been a common workaround that has been known to work perfectly since the dawn of time and I'm just late to the party?

Sent from my iPhone