[c-nsp] me3600x-cx 15.4(2)S interface description mess

Vitkovský Adam adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Mon May 5 07:23:45 EDT 2014

Hi Folks,

After upgrade/ first boot from 15.3(2)S2 to 15.4(2)S strange things started to happen with interface descriptions.
Like when I delete interface configuration, the description still remains in the "show interface description" output.
Or when I change description it's not reflected in the running config of the interface so after "wr" and reload the change in description disappears.
And after another reload it all vanishes and the box starts to behave as expected.
This is consistent across at least two me3600x-cx boxes.

Anyone noticed this please or it's just me having a lucky HW revision?

adam