[c-nsp] 3750: SNMP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR, ssh session dies, show tech support fails, switch stack crashes on reload

Sebastian Beutel sebastian.beutel at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed May 7 08:35:48 EDT 2014

Dear Darren,

On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 04:10:59PM +0100, Darren O'Connor wrote:

> Did this recently start? Any other switch on the same code having the same
> issues or not?

The first time we saw the issue is now about eight weeks ago. Until now we
had the fifth switch stack that showed this issue. We have a lot more
similar (regarding uptime, hardware and IOS Release) stacks that are
unobtrusive (until now) to what we can see anyhow.
    What makes us worry is, that we currently have no idea how to judge
whether one of them will become unstable or not. Even worse: Maybe some of
them are allready unstable and we just can't see earlier symptoms.

> Generally if five different devices all start having the same issue an
> external issue is to blame. Maybe your SNMP server is sending a particular
> packet that this IOS code doesn't like?

I assume that this would have caused trouble much earlier and on more
switches.

> Have you tried restarting SNMP itself on the switch?

Not until now. If the next one starts to go crazy i will give it a try.

Thanks,
    Sebastian.