[c-nsp] Intermittent Port Forwarding Problems with New-Style NAT

Michele Bergonzoni bergonz at labs.it
Wed May 7 17:22:05 EDT 2014

> What I'm randomly encountering is the port forward will stop working,
> and I have to remove and re-add the line:
>
> ip nat source static tcp 192.168.1.3 3389 interface Dialer1 3389

I had the same issue with an 831, my line is:

ip nat inside source static tcp <inside private IP> 5900 interface
Ethernet1 5900

but my eth1 has a static (public) IP.

I had to remove and reapply the line every now and then, as you
describe. I don't remember the version that had the issue, but it
disappeared with the upgrade to 12.3(11)YZ2.

Hope thie helps,
				Bergonz