[c-nsp] Multicast group but no traffic

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri May 9 14:28:47 EDT 2014

On 09/05/2014 18:53, Scott Voll wrote:
> I'm working on rolling out my Multicast across my WAN.
>
> I can see the Multicast group on the WAN router and I can see it on the
> switch interface, but I'm not getting the traffic.  What should I be
> looking at?

That's a bit vague. John has made some good suggestions but you'd get
more specific answers if you can specify the topology in detail.

How are you determining you're not "seeing" the traffic? No video at
receiver app? If so, check again with tcpdump/wireshark and look out for
software firewalls. That one catches me a lot - I always forget iptables
on my laptop :o(

"sh ip mr active" and "sh ip mr count" are useful at L3 hops. L2 hops
are far harder to debug, unfortunately.