[c-nsp] MTU packet loss problem 12410 XR and 6509

Gustav UHLANDER gustav.ulander at steria.se
Tue May 20 17:23:12 EDT 2014

Hello.

In ios-xr the mtu is the L2 mtu while in vanilla ios the mtu is L3 mtu.
This gives that XR is including L2 headers in the mtu setting. So in reality you have matching MTUs at present but when you configure XR with an mtu of 1500 you get a mismatch.
How is the etherchannel configured? Is the 6509 routing anything or are you using it as a switch?

Bästa hälsningar / Best regards,

Gustav Uhlander
Senior Communication & Infrastructure Engineer

Steria AB
Kungsbron 13
Box 169
SE-101 23  Stockholm