[c-nsp] -48vdc lab power

Steven Saner steve at saner.net
Thu May 22 01:24:23 EDT 2014

On 05/21/2014 11:38 PM, Mike wrote:
> Howdy,
>
>      So I have a whole pile of new Cisco ASR1k and ME3600's which are
> intended for installation in a telco environment and all have -48vdc
> power supplies. There is a necessary detour however, I need to set these
> up in my lab environment so I can test configurations and get things as
> dialed-in as possible in advance of physical installation out at the
> telco locations. I don't want to buy AC power supplies for all of this
> just for testing.... there has to be a suitable -48vdc power system
> available somewhere that would be suitable to plug into my ac power and
> have enough juice to run all of this? Does anyone have any recommendations?
>
> Thanks.
> Mike-

We do a fair amount of Telco work and need to stage systems in the lab.
We picked up one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kepco-Rackmount-DC-Power-Supply-48VDC-Volt-22A-Amp-PRR-48-22M-/141027831504?pt=US_Server_Power_Supplies&hash=item20d5e9eed0

That, along with one of these gets it done:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apex-AX-010221-00-20-Slot-Fuse-Alarm-Panel-/181296768483?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a362125e3

If you are patient you can find much better prices than these particular
items.

Steve