[c-nsp] -48vdc lab power

Mark Radabaugh mark at amplex.net
Fri May 23 12:01:23 EDT 2014

Something like
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/DRP048V480W1BA/1145-1022-ND/3991706
gets you 10A 48V (480W) that is pretty inexpensive ($160).

The output is isolated from ground so you can make it -48V or +48V
depending on how you connect it.

If you need much more than 10A then finding an old rectifier shelf
probably makes more sense.

The 20A version is $360:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/DPP960-48-3/DPP960-48-3-ND/3984308

Mark

On 5/22/14, 10:33 PM, Daniel Hooper wrote:
> Eaton APS is another common one we use for -48v stuff, the Eltek stuff is hot dog but pricey for just lab work.
>
> At home I use a cheap jaycar variable lab DC supply, it has 2 x 30v outputs which I just run in series and trim the voltage down to about 54v, it's 6 amp so handles most things that find a way to the home lab.
>
> Meanwell is probably the supercheap no frills brand if you need it for a one time test

Mark Radabaugh
Amplex

mark at amplex.net  419.837.5015 x 1021