[c-nsp] Billing per Mb (Large ISPs)

Artem Viklenko artem at viklenko.net
Sat May 24 17:09:15 EDT 2014

24.05.2014 21:04, Gert Doering пишет:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 08:47:45PM +0300, Artem Viklenko wrote:
>> we stop to bill per mb and move to bill by bandwidth.
>
> Where exactly is the difference of "bill per mb" and "bill by used bandwith",
> except "a scaling factor"?
>
> gert

May be it was not clear in my statement. I mean that customers pays say for
10 mbps and we don't care how many data they transfer. 1 byte or 10 gig.
Not for each megabit per second.We only enforce max bandwith according to tariff plan.

In rare cases customers (typically smaller ISP or another ISP who needs
backup link) wants to pay based on 95-th percentille.

--
Sincerely yours,
  Artem Viklenko.