[c-nsp] Billing per Mb (Large ISPs)

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun May 25 14:51:23 EDT 2014

On (2014-05-25 21:32 +0300), Eugeniu Patrascu wrote:

> Why should the content network pay the eyeball network?
> First and foremost, the eyeballs which are the customers are paying the ISP
> to give them access to the content. It's the ISP that should pay to
> increase the bandwidth available between them and the content provider or
> host some sort of CDN like for the video streaming from the content
> provider, not the other way around.

I'm not talking about what should happen, I'm talking about what is happening.
Large eyeballs have leverage to charge content networks and they use this
leverage.

I'm merely curious, if eyeball networks who charge per byte also do this or if
it's only eyeball networks who sell unmetered who do this?

--
  ++ytti