[c-nsp] Setting CS0 on ARP traffic

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 07:50:34 EDT 2014

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately that isn't an option. The carrier is NBN (National Broadband Network - Australia) a monopoly government backed provider that has been tasked with deploying FTTH to replace the existing copper CAN. These are essentially fibre services that are replacing existing copper/DSL services.

Anything other than CS0 is dropped, that is their policy, nothing I can do about it and can't choose an alternative provider :(

They have reached an agreement with the existing copper tail provider to forcible migrate existing copper services to fibre, once the fibre has been rolled out to each exchange area (first ones are pending later this year, it will likely be a total mess).

They aren't remarking, they are dropping anything not marked as CS0. Near as I can tell the reason being that at some point in the future (roadmap says 6-12 months) they will be deploying "business class" services that allow QoS for stuff other than CS0 (ie. more expensive for some QoS). The remarking they applied was done on this VLAN specifically and we've been told it can't be applied to the whole "port" and so it isn't scalable for them to apply the policy on each vlan/service.

Thanks,
Tony.