[c-nsp] CFC linecards on 7600 - traffic punted to RP

Jiri Prochazka jiri.prochazka at superhosting.cz
Tue Nov 4 12:23:43 EST 2014

Hi,

we're pretty sure that described behaviour is caused by uRPF.

As soon as any mode (loose/strict) of uRPF is enabled on ANY interface
(even shutdowned), the switch punts all traffic carried on ALL linecards
equipped with CFC modules to route-processor.

I am able to reproduce this any time.

All I need to do is to boot the switch with clean configuration,
configure one port as downstream port facing server..and configure any
SVI/L3 port with 'ip verify unicast' command.

To test if the traffic is being punted to RP I am sending traffic from
the server destined to some IP wich is Null routed.

Any thoughts where to look?

Thanks!

Jiri

--