[c-nsp] CFC linecards on 7600 - traffic punted to RP

Jiri Prochazka jiri.prochazka at superhosting.cz
Wed Nov 5 06:32:17 EST 2014

Hi,

it does not matter on which interface I enable uRPF. v4 only is used.

As soon as I enable uRPF on ANY interface (even shutdowned SVI of Vlan,
which is not used anywhere), it punts all incoming traffic on all other
interfaces active on CFC cards to the RP.

Number of carried routes does not make difference, the box is now in a
lab, with no active routing protocol. Situation is still the same.

As soon as I add 'ip verify unicast source reachable-via any' to ANY
interface on the router (it does not matter if it's in use, or if it's
carrying any traffic) all traffic coming on ALL ports on CFC equpped
line cards gets punted to the RP.

So, as soon as I configure something like this ->

Interface vlan 4899
  description This SVI is not used anywhere, Vlan4899 does not exist
  ip address 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.252
  ip verify unicast source reachable-via any

all traffic coming from CFC cards starts to flow to RP. No matter if
it's terminated on SVI or on physical port.

We will try the same setup with another RSP720-3CXL. I am getting to the
point it may be faulty Sup, even it seems very odd for me. Everything
works, but uRPF on CFC equipped cards..

PS: another IOS does not help. We have tried both 12.2.33 and 15.2 trains.

Jiri