[c-nsp] MPLS-TE on ME3600

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Nov 6 08:45:20 EST 2014

Hi All, I'm revisiting this topic/thread again. (bare in mind, I'm studying
MPLS TE but not experienced in it yet)

Does MPLS TE make sense without using IGP extension for CSPF ?

Reason I ask is.

Page 144 of Cisco Press "QOS for IP/MPLS Networks", under section "Enabling
MPLS TE" first paragraph of that section says.

"In addition, you may want to enable the TE extensions for your IGP to
perform constraint-based routing."

It seems that the author is presenting the idea of enabling TE extensions
for the IGP to perform constraint routing as optional. if this is true, then
what is MPLS TE without TE extentions in the IGP ?

Aaron