[c-nsp] IOS-XE: Applying or removing uRPF on a virtual-access interface using RADIUS av-pairs.

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Thu Nov 6 11:53:58 EST 2014

Hi all,

We use uRPF on our LNS'es as part of implementing BCP38 in our network
and it is enabled by default on PPP/PPPoE virtual-templates.  We've
found a situation where uRFP is causing a very specific corner case
problem and I want to remove it, but I don't want to remove it globally.
  Removing it via a RADIUS av-pair seems the best solution there.
However I'm not seeing the intended result when I use the following av-pair:

lcp:interface-config=no ip verify unicast reverse-path self-ping

This is a Cisco ASR1k running 3.11.

I now Cisco changed behavior between IOS and IOS-XE regarding av-pairs,
and I've had no luck searching for an authoritative document on how to
construct the above av-pair using the newer syntax.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stephen