[c-nsp] 40G on longer than 10km distances

Azher Mughal azher at hep.caltech.edu
Sun Nov 9 13:50:56 EST 2014

In case if you need QSFP+ ER optics then I have been using Innolight
optics especially, the 40G LR and PSM in s4810/Z9000 switches.

http://innolight.com/Home/ENG/Product.aspx?CID=2945&CateID=3A31825B-CA27-441B-AA47-958BD346D6AC

On 11/9/2014 10:01 AM, Tom Hill wrote:
> On 09/11/14 17:53, Alan Buxey wrote:
>> 40G was really for shorter distance (data centres) 100G for longer distances
> And yet, wishing to connect two data centres >10km apart (say 20km)
> isn't particularly silly if you have the fibre in the ground.
>
> Also, do let me know when Cisco release 100GBASE line cards for Cat6k! :)

If I am not mistaken, then 6509e back plane is up to 80G. So I doubt
there will be a 100G card coming up, unless there is an over subscription.

-Azher