[c-nsp] CoPP 4500 XE, ACL counters and capture question

selamat pagi ketimun at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 11:59:01 EST 2014

Hi,

I'm working on baselining CoPP on 4500 / Sup7-E, XE 03.03.02.SG

In order to find out what traffic hits the CPU, there are 2 points I'm not
clear about.

1) with "sh access-lists", the counter of ACL defined for CoPP do never
show a hit,
   for other ACL on the box, counters increase
   I tested with nameds and numbered ACLs, same issue

2) a capturie of data with the command "monitor capture" shows traffic that
should be classified in an other class-map, precinding the captured ACL.

e.g.
defined capture:
"monitor capture COPPIMP control-plane in file location slot0:IMPORT.pcap
size 5  access-list ACL-COPP-IMPORTANT"

policy-map COPP
  class COPP-UNDESIRABLE-IPV4
   police 32000 1500    conform-action transmit     exceed-action transmit
  class ACL-COPP-IMPORTANT
   police 100000 1500    conform-action transmit     exceed-action transmit

With above config,  the capture file showstraffic, which should have been
included in the class COPP-UNDESIRABLE-IPV4.

Any idea what's wrong here ?

cheers, keti