[c-nsp] PBR across IPsec GRE tunnel stopped working

Dan Benson dbenson at swingpad.com
Tue Nov 11 16:26:44 EST 2014

Hello list,

I have two Cisco 7600s with SPA-IPSEC-2G used to protect GRE tunnels with IPsec.  These have been working perfectly until a few days ago when it seems a public path changed, adding a lot of delay between the tunnel endpoints. When this happened, my PBR policy to set recursive next-hop stopped working.  What is strange is that direct packets across the tunnel and through the tunnel flow perfectly, only my PBR recursive next-hop has stopped working.

The only solution I have been able to find is to remove the tunnel protection and run in standard GRE mode, which works perfectly.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

db