[c-nsp] Unusual behavior with CSR virtual Router and customer-triggered RTBHs

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Nov 17 16:11:03 EST 2014

On Mon, 2014-11-17 at 11:46 -0800, Ryan McHugh wrote:
> Apologizes, for replying to my own post, but I forgot to mention, I DO
> have a static route in for 192.0.2.1:
>
> ip route 192.0.2.1 255.255.255.255 Null0 permanent name \
>     RTBH-Blackhole-Destination
>
> I have tried with and without the permanent.

I'm not familier with the platform but are you sure you can set an
invalid next-hop on an inbound route-map? Are you saying it still
doesn't work even when 192.0.2.1/32 isn't null-routed? And there is a
valid entry in the RIB for it of course?

Could you use an outbound route-map on the iBGP sessions to set the
next-hop based on the community that was set on the inbound map from the
eBGP peer? Not sure what one would do about the local forwarding
decision then of course, where next-hop wasn't something null-routed.

Just a shot in the dark.

--
Peter