[c-nsp] MPLS-TE on ME3600

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Nov 20 00:49:23 EST 2014

On Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:22:56 PM Aaron wrote:

> Wow that was interesting.  Cisco TAC just informed me
> that when an MPLS TE Tunnel exists on an ME3600 that is
> also acting as a PE for vrf traffic that you want to
> flow via the tunnel, you must add "mpls ip" to the
> tunnel interface.
>
> That's it.  That fixed my problem.

Yes, that seemed like the most probable issue when I first
read your original post.

> Does anyone know where to read about that issue ?  Online
> in someone's website ?  Or cisco.com ?  The TAC seemed
> to think there wasn't going to be a document that
> explained something like that.   :|

Well, for some reason, it has been a long-held
recommendation (at least on this list) to enable LDP over
RSVP at all times, i.e., configure "mpls ip" under your
tunnel interfaces. I know Oliver used to push that quite a
lot back in the day, and somehow, it stuck.

On the otherhand, it's probably a good idea to have it as an
official recommendation as a design document on Cisco's web
site.

Mark.