[c-nsp] Full Duplex

Rick Martin rick.martin at arkansas.gov
Fri Nov 21 13:36:58 EST 2014

On 11/18/14, 2:16 AM, M K wrote:

>If you have an expressway with lanes in both directions and a speed limit of 100 MPH, you don't call it a 200 MPH expressway.  (That's full-duplex).

 Yes, but if you view that as "cars per second", which is a bit more comparable to bits per second -  100cps north and 100cps south, you could conceivably say that you had 200 cars per second traverse that highway. It's all in how you look at it and how you "present" your numbers.

 With that said, I too agree that referring to 100Mbps full duplex as 200Mbps  is typically service provider market speak.