[c-nsp] Full Duplex

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun Nov 23 07:46:45 EST 2014

On Sunday, November 23, 2014 11:39:49 AM Daniel Roesen
wrote:

> All this "n Gbps per Slot" stuff should go away. Vendors
> should clearly describe their architecture (fabric,
> backplane connectivity, traffic handling chips) and
> their specific performance characteristics. Blanket
> statements seldom tell the full truth.

That's why I stopped paying attention to them anymore.

I look at the overall architecture, and generally ignore the
Gbps/slot schpill. Real life places different demands on the
platform, and the numbers generated by the vendors are
usually not in line with real life.

Mark.