[c-nsp] Peer pointing default route to us

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Oct 1 15:31:07 EDT 2014

On (2014-10-01 18:53 +0100), James Bensley wrote:

> Have you considered sending them a default route via BGP that points
> to somewhere else they likely have a route to, or sending them some of
> their own prefixes via a likely next hop their side, or sending them
> enough routes to fill their table, they probably haven't got good
> filtering configured their side.
>
> It costs £10 to spin up a virtual machine with a 10Gbps connection,
> have you considered spinning several up and DoS'ing their control
> plane in parallel? [2]

Both of these would meet criteria for criminal activity in my jurisdiction.
However I think it would be legal for me to put IXP members in IXP where
default route points to reverse proxy which changes every occurrence of string
'ISIS' to that specific company name who is default-routing to me.  Then
monitor twitter for #company_name

--
  ++ytti