[c-nsp] H-VPLS/P2MP style functionality with L2TPv3 inside VFI

Spyros Kakaroukas skakaroukas at rolaware.com
Thu Oct 2 10:53:33 EDT 2014

Hey,

My info could be slightly outdated but, IIRC , the me3600 can't do l2tpv3.

On 2 Oct 2014 17:32, James Bensley <jwbensley at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

For reasons way beyond the scope of this mailing list (crazy sales
people, insane customers, ridiculous marketing, promises of gold, the
usual techies nightmare) I'm trying to lab up a hub and spoke L2 VPN
scenario using L2TPv3.

CPEs are ISR G2s such as 1941 and the PE/Hub is an ME3600. I'm not
having much luck so I wondered if I'm chasing a ghost; Has anyone used
L2TPv3 xconnects (due to lack of MPLS) into a VFI on an ME3600 to get
this scenario to work?

Perhaps you used something else that worked? Or do you think this
simply can't be done?

When mixing L2TPv3 with VFIs, is the logic present to do things like
MAC learning, I've never tried this without MPLS and/or BGP.

Something like;

pseudowire-class l2tpv3-class
 encapsulation l2tpv3
 interworking ethernet