[c-nsp] ME3600 support for Xconnect as a Client of BFD

Vitkovský Adam adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Tue Oct 7 05:13:30 EDT 2014

Hi Folks, Waris,

Would anyone know if there are plans to add support the "Xconnect as a Client of BFD" feature please?

We came across an interesting issue with pseudowire redundancy.
If the CE-PE link fails on the primary PE the primary PW is thorn down and backup PW is brought up immediately no issues.
However if you just power down the primary PE it has no time to signal to ingress PE that the PW is down so the ingress PE just sits there for around 3 minutes until the tLDP session times out.

A possible workaround would be to pre-configure the tLDP session manually with more aggressive timers but I don't like that one.

adam