[c-nsp] ASR 1002-X as LNS

Sam Silvester sam.silvester at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 17:40:36 EDT 2014

Speaking for my own experience, it wasn't a problem. From memory we had to
change one RADIUS attribute we were using for shaping I believe (we were
using an older attribute that caused a full VAI to be created, updating
that fixed it). We don't do PBR however.

One thing I would suggest however - if you are using PBR for the purposes
of doing redirects, ISG can do that instead. Likewise, if PBR is for
segregating wholesale providers, you can either do L2TP forwarding or put
each subscriber in a VRF (even VRF-lite) as an alternative.

Neither are zero effort, but I'd suggest worth it in my experience I've
steered clear of PBR due to the CPU hit it entailed on the 7200.