[c-nsp] Cisco 7201 (G2) Traffic Performance (High CPU Utilization)

Sam Silvester sam.silvester at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 18:15:35 EDT 2014

As with others, it's been a while since I've worked on this platform (we
were running 12.2SR train generally).

Having said that, I agree that for some reason the 7201 did show higher CPU
for the same traffic level as other platforms - but as mentioned we found
it levelled off with increasing traffic.

I'd suggest just watching the CPU closely as traffic grows, 35% isn't a
scary number, even if it is high for 200Mbps.