[c-nsp] CFC linecards on 7600 - traffic punted to RP

Jiri Prochazka jiri.prochazka at superhosting.cz
Wed Oct 22 03:50:06 EDT 2014

Hi Lukas,

as soon as I move traffic from a port on DFC equipped card to a port on
CFC equipeed card, utilization of Rp caused by interrupts jumps to 80%+
and I can see the traffic on IBC.

Usual utilization of IBC is following ->

edge-7606s-4#show ibc
Interface information:
         Interface IBC0/0(idb 0x1B01BCF4)
         5 minute rx rate 13000 bits/sec, 17 packets/sec
         5 minute tx rate 3909000 bits/sec, 341 packets/sec

As soon as I send 500Mbit to any port on a card with CFC, it instantly
rises counters on ibc and overloads the whole box.

Jiri